Monday, June 27, 2005

moosen, marriage, and memories

Having weathered the weather, muscled the mosquitoes, relished in relationships and experienced the enigma of the created wilderness I returned with 13 students and a homesick Mr. Gelatt to the Heritage Christian parking lot one week and 12 hours ago. Algonquin Provincial park was flourishing in its beauty, in spite of the grey skies that loomed steadily over us all week long (we were granted a glimpse of the stars and the setting sun on our final night in the park). Saw about 7 moosen (others saw 8, but I was in the rear canoe so one escaped before I got a visual).
Have successfully gotten 4 couples of friends through their wedding ceremonies and started into the epic adventure of marriage. Blair and Danielle MacDonald - May 14. Joshua and Elizabeth Hazelton - June 4. KennethCole and Julianna Isgar - June 11. Andrew and Shelley 'the dool' Brautigam - June 25. Beautiful brides. Regal grooms. Fabulous celebrations. And some marriages that I truly believe in and am excited about.
And have reflected upon memories (of the past four years specifically) as I said some very significant goodbyes to college friends at the final wedding. Significant goodbyes because they were (are) significant friendships.
Anticipating/expecting/awaiting more memories to reflect upon 4 and 8 and 12 and 50 years from now...

No comments:

Post a Comment